Friday, August 6, 2010

Posterboard Car Mat


Here is a very simple idea that for some reason has entertained my boys for hours! All you need is a posterboard. Decorate it with roads, train tracks, parking spaces, etc., and you have an instant play mat for small cars! We have made several of these over the last few years of parenting boys. The boys don't usually last long with coloring/drawing, so we usually add to our mat over the course of a few days.


The mat we made today has a McDonald's drive-thru and a lake for our Hot Wheels boats. It's fun to have something on it that encourages imaginative play. And, I love having an activity that involves the boys sitting on the floor totally engrossed in something rather than wearing costumes and running through the house!!!! (We do actually have time for costumes most days, but at times the noise level has just got to come down!)

3 comments:

  1. Perfect! I have a blank posterboard sitting on the table now. I'm going to make one of these. Thanks for the inspiration. I'll link up to you when I post about it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you through The Activity Mom. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete